In general, it’s recommended that you replace your old mattress with a new one every eight years or so. You might also want to get a new mattress when your current bed no longer works for you or you go through a life change, like getting married or receiving a diagnosis about your physical health that might benefit from a new mattress. Before heading out to a nearby mattress shop and buying one that simply looks nice, read on—below are six tips from a furniture store in Dickinson, ND for choosing a new mattress:
- Do your research: The internet is a fantastic resource, so use it to gather the facts about mattresses, including material, style, type, lifespan and price. Also, you might benefit from finding out what sites like the Sleep Health Center and Better Sleep have to say regarding mattress purchases. Another good source of information are reviews of any mattresses you are thinking of buying.
- Know who the bed is for: Who is getting the new mattress? If it’s for you and only you, then you don’t need input from another person. However, if you have a partner, be sure to take their sleep needs into consideration when shopping for a new mattress. If the bed is for a child, look for a mattress they can continue using as they grow.
- Consider physical needs: Whether your doctor says you need to sleep on a certain type of mattress or you’re aware of a health condition, it can help to speak with your physician for recommendations. While they are not a mattress expert, your doctor will know your medical condition and symptoms and be able to offer some advice. They may have a sleep comfort guide that can provide additional information.
- Try out the mattress: The main reason why you shouldn’t buy a mattress online is that you don’t get a chance to try it out before you purchase it. When you’re ready to start shopping, head to a mattress store in Dickinson, ND, look around, then lie on each mattress that catches your eye. But don’t plop down on the mattress for just a minute or so—try it out for 10 to 15 minutes so you get a good feel for the mattress. Don’t feel rushed, because this is a big, important purchase. Make sure your partner comes along with you if you’ll both be using the mattress.
- Look at adjustable beds: Many mattresses stores carry a variety of size and style options, from pillow top and inner spring to memory foam and adjustable mattresses. If you have never considered an adjustable bed, you should, especially if you are more comfortable lying in a reclined position. Adjustable beds will elevate your head and knees slightly to alleviate pressure on your lower back.
- Buy from a specialty store: Take advantage of specialty mattress stores. The salespeople are trained specifically on the mattresses they carry and understand the subject of sleep. Find a store that carries several leading brands of mattresses, like Tempur-Pedic, Sealy and Serta.
If you are looking for an exceptional mattress store in Dickinson, ND, come to Dickinson Furniture City Inc. We have mattresses as well as furniture for your entire home.
This post was written by Writer