The dining room table is one of the most important pieces of furniture in any home. It’s where you gather with family every day to converse and be together. It’s also where you’ll spend a lot of time with friends while entertaining.
For this reason, you’ll want to carefully consider dining room furniture before you make your purchase. If you’re looking for dining room furniture in Dickinson, ND, here are some suggestions for what to think about as you make your choice:
- Size: A good rule of thumb is to get a table that’s slightly bigger than what you think you’ll need. This way you can accommodate that extra guest easily. Choosing a bigger table also means you’ll fill out the room a bit more, which is a good design choice.
- Space: It can be pretty frustrating if the table doesn’t quite fit into the space. Every time you get up from the table, your chair scrapes against the wall. Something to keep in mind is that you should have at least three feet of space from the table to any walls. This is also a smart design tactic—three feet leaves enough space so the room doesn’t feel cluttered, but not so much that it makes the room feel empty.
- Shape: The traditional dining room table is rectangular, but round tables are becoming more popular as well. A round table is a good choice if you’re short on space or if you’re thinking of adding a table in a breakfast nook or kitchen. You may also look into expandable tables that can adapt to hosting additional guests.
- Consider materials: This is where we get into a lot of stylistic considerations. Do you want an open, breezy look to your home? Then a glass dining room table can fit into that look. Of course, a more traditional wood table will likely be less expensive, but glass may fit your aesthetic better. You might also want to consider metallic tables like silver, gold, iron and brass. These are great options, as they will always fit your décor.
- Seating: Chairs are the most conventional choice, but many people are going for benches these days. These provide a bit more flexibility in terms of how many people can sit at the table, and can act as an open seating arrangement.
Are you looking for dining room furniture in Dickinson, ND? Then stop by Dickinson Furniture City Inc.’s expansive showroom today to learn more about our great deals. We offer high-quality pieces that fit into every room of your home, from the living room and dining room to the master and guest bedrooms.
We’re a locally owned and operated business that has served the region for more than 50 years. Our loyal customer base knows that we offer friendly, responsive customer service and durable furniture that will last for years to come. Contact us today to learn more, or stop by our store to meet with one of our experts!
Categorised in: Dining Room Furniture
This post was written by Writer